Education is key for comprehensive support of our military and veteran population. As of 2018, there are nearly 720,000 veteran/military members living in Raleigh and surrounding counties! With your help, together we can make a difference in their lives.
We can learn about:
- Unique challenges and cultures in the military and veteran population
- How to engage effectively with someone who has served
- How to empower military and veterans
- Why veterans are assets to our community
- How to identify the Signs that someone may be suffering and in need of support
- How to find available resources for someone who is suffering
MVRC has partnered with PsychArmor to create a custom portal just for our community! To access the available training courses, please click here, complete a short registration and choose your courses.
Courses are available for businesses, individuals and organizations with an interest in supporting military and veterans.
Support starts with understanding. MVRC is a pledge partner with the Campaign to Change Direction, a leading initiative changing the conversation about mental health in America. We encourage individuals and organizations to make a pledge to share the Healthy Habits and Five Signs with friends, business networks and individuals.
To access shareable tools and resources visit: https://www.changedirection.org/tools/
Access no cost mental health support through the Campaigns parent company, Give an Hour.