Why Donate to MVRC?
Military Veterans and Resource Coalition is a 100% volunteer-run endeavor with 0% overhead costs. Because of the efforts of our volunteers and our donors, 100% of our donations go to help local military or veteran families in crisis.
By donating to MVRC, you can be confident that every dollar raised is used to empower a local military or veteran family succeed. Recipients of financial assistance are vetted by partner organizations or paid to third-party vendors to ensure your donation is used as intended.
Funds are given as no-cost, no-interest, no-term loans from MVRC to the military or veteran recipient. Those who receive financial assistance are asked to pay it forward to the next family by donating back to MVRC when they are financially able.
- MVRC is Growing! April 2017
- Hurricanes and Holidays 2016
- Holiday #AdoptAVeteran 2016
- Supporting Homeless Veterans 2015
- Free Tuition; Changed Life 2014
- Doing Good: “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” Van Gogh 2014
- What Happens when MVRC gets a request for donation? 2013
- MVRC Connects Across the Nation 2011
Sample Uses of Donations Include:
- Paying back rent to prevent families from being evicted and becoming homeless
- Purchasing hotel rooms for homeless veteran families to stay while they search for available housing
- Helping unemployed vets keep their phones on while applying for jobs
- Purchasing emergency food for hungry families
- Providing gas cards so the spouse of a Wounded Warrior could drive to the medical center for visits, and for veterans to get to their jobs until their first paycheck comes in
- Paying for a certification exam so a veteran could get a job being held for him
- Purchasing school supplies for a single veteran’s child
- Paying electric bills to restore service for veteran families
- Funding for security deposits so a homeless veteran families can secure an apartment
How can I donate today?
By PayPal Giving Page:
PayPal covers all transaction costs for donations, ensuring that 100% of each gift made is available to charity. Your donation will be made to PayPal Giving Fund, an IRS-registered 501(c)(3) public charity (Federal Tax ID: 45-0931286). PayPal Giving Fund is the charity of record and will provide the donation receipt for your gift.
Donations can be made to MVRC and mailed to:
COPE Foundation, 1318 Dale St., Suite 110, Raleigh, NC 27605
Enclose your contact info to receive a tax receipt.
Your donation is tax deductible.
MVRC is a committee of the COPE Foundation, a NC 501(c)(3).
ID Number 680673410